Carboline - is a unique ultra-thin double or multi-layer carbon fiber. It is not woven but unidirectionally processed in different layers. This type of manufacturing enables extremely light and enormously stable constructions, which are very dimensionally stable, especially at high temperature differences.
Carboline is an ultra-thin tape made of the very high quality carbon fiber of TohoTenax® bonded in different layers and fiber directions. The production technology of Carboline allows 830 TEX, 24K (1K = 1000 monofilaments) fibers to be evenly divided up to 75 mm and still has all the advantages of a unidirectional fiber. In production, the processing of Carboline can be easily adapted, making it easy to respond to special customer requests. Meanwhile, almost any ply angle and almost any number of plies can be produced. Just contact us so that we can discuss your requirements.
• The straight fiber, without any bends and loops in the structure increases the strength and makes the construction very dimensionally stable. Especially during temperature fluctuations.
• Dry and unprocessed, Carboline does not stretch or disintegrate into filaments and therefore allows precise cutting of even the smallest parts.
• Multilayer carbon scrim can be produced at a wide variety of angles and directions with a minimum thickness of one layer of 0.014 mm (12 g/m²).
• Reinforcements can be introduced through one or more Carboline layers and positioned as required.
• Carboline can also be combined with the unidirectional fiber (120 g/m²) according to your requirements.
• Carboline is produced in the maximum size of 3100mm×600 mm as standard. In order to reduce waste, we can also produce smaller sizes according to your requirements.
Carboline is made of TohoTenax fibers.
• Intermediate-modulus fiber - IMS65.
• High-modulus fiber (HM) - UMS40.
• Standard module fiber - HTS40.
• Dimensions: 600m x 3100mm.
• IMS fiber: IMS65
• Density: 39g/qm